SAVANNAH, GA. – January 25, 2023 – Georgia Tech-Savannah announces the 2023 schedule for their popular in-person Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) courses. The educational offerings focus on a variety of relevant topics and important OSHA principles and applications.
Georgia Tech-Savannah’s nationally recognized safety and health training solutions are especially popular in the coastal region, given the proximity to the GA Port of Savannah, distribution centers, warehouses, etc. As one of only four OSHA Training Institute Education Centers, Georgia Tech offers training for the construction and general industries from Savannah to South Carolina, northern Florida, and beyond. Participants are encouraged to sign up early as courses fill up quickly.
The courses are designed to provide participants with the skills needed to help companies reduce accidents, save money, lower worker’s compensation premiums, increase promotion opportunities and make a positive impact in the workplace. In addition, all these courses are applicable to one of Georgia Tech Professional Education certificates in occupational safety and health. The following courses are scheduled as indicated:
- OSHA 502: Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers
February 28 – March 2
- OSHA 503: Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers
February 28 – March 2
- OSHA 510: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction Industry
- OSHA 511: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 7845: Recordkeeping Rule Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Standards for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- OSHA 3095: Electrical Standards
- OSHA 5410: Safety and Health Standards for the Maritime Industry
- OSHA 501: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 500: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction Industry
- EST 7000: Scaffolding Safety
- OSHA 521: OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA 3015: Excavation, Trenching, and Soil Mechanics
- OSHA 3115: Fall Protection
- OSHA 2045: Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards
October 31 – November 3
“We know how many individuals rely on quality safety and health educatoin to help make an important impact in the workplace,” said Diane Lee, Executive Director of the Georgia Tech-Savannah campus. “We are glad that we can provide this invaluable training to our region.”
For more information or to register for one of the OSHA courses, please visit https://pe.gatech.edu/savannah/courses/occupational-safety-health. For more information on the Georgia Tech-Savannah campus, visit www.pe.gatech.edu/savannah.
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH SAVANNAH:
Georgia Tech-Savannah provides educational experiences for learners of all ages. Our multitude of learning platforms are tailored to meet the needs of a diverse population, from working professionals pursuing career development and those seeking specific certifications to children eager to explore and discover. Georgia Tech-Savannah’s professional education, training and military programs encourages participants to challenge themselves and meet goals by sharpening existing skills and picking up valuable new ones. We’re proud to bring cutting-edge technology, applied research capabilities and innovation to the Coastal Empire, where our campus also serves as a home for various Georgia Tech affiliates, institutes, and centers. To learn more, visit us at pe.gatech.edu/savannah.
– ENDS –